A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Concerts and New Things

Well, it's about time. Time for a massive update... enjoy all of the scrappy goodness! There's more coming soon, too.

Summerfest was phenomenal. I renewed my love for a few favorite bands (Red, Skillet), and fell for a couple of others (12 Stones, Coheed and Cambria). Nothing beats a live concert. I knew there was a reason I bought that Rockstar DCWV Stack. Some favorite pictures:
This was right after we arrived... we only got lost, like, three times on the way there. No biggie. Ha! These were our "I can't believe we made it" faces. Gosh, I love these guys.Zippo lighters. I don't smoke, but the pyro in me came out and I bought one. They're just so cool!The Skillet concert was awesome. Note the guy standing on the amp playing violin? Yeah, they're awesome.The second day was a little scary weather-wise. You better believe it poured buckets on us moments after this picture was taken.

There's been a lot going on around here with lots of college-prep talk and lots of work, but I've managed to get a couple (okay, a lot of) things done.

1. COCOA challenge for last week. My formal graduation layout :-)

Supplies: American Crafts Stickers, DCVW and Anna Griffin pp, unknown cs, 7 gypsies label stamp, Zig black pen and marker, Stickles, Heidi Swapp chipboard, KI Memories Lace cardstock, Tsukineko silver ink

2. My best friend's graduation present mini album. I love how simple and bright it turned out. I think he'll like it. :-)

Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's (red), The Paper Studio (white and black), Vellum- The Paper Studio, Silver ink- Tsukineko, Patterned paper- DCWV, Black Marker- American Crafts, Star ghost shapes- Heidi Swapp, Letter stickers- Stickabilities, Chipboard letters- Basic Grey and Heidi Swapp, Letter Rubons- American Crafts and Autumn Leaves, White Pen- Sakura, File tab- Heidi Swapp, Ribbon- Offray, Fiber- EK Success, stickles, Diamond Glaze- Judikins, Acrylic- Hobby Lobby

3. Here's a card that I made. I really wanted to color in a stamped image with colored pencils, so I made this. Plus, it's my first submission to a Use Your Stash contest. (http://useyourstash.blogspot.com/2008/07/july-challenge.html) The challenge was to use stamps.

Supplies: Flower stamp- Inque Boutique, pp- Die Cuts with a View, Colored pencils- Crayola, Thread- DMC, Vellum- The Paper Studio, Cardstock- The Paper Studio, Other- buttons, ribbon (from Angie! See below...)

4. A few weeks ago, I won the COCOA weekly challenge, and Angie sent me this prize- I love absolutely everything! It totally made my day a couple days ago.


5. A layout about my recent orientation. I really like it, even if it is incredibly girly. Something about it must've appealed to my boyfriend, though, because he seemed to like it a lot more than the usual layout. Hehe.

Supplies: pp- Die Cuts with a View ( stars and flowers), Anna Griffin (pink damask), bling- The Paper Studio, cs- The Paper Studio, Letter stickers- Stickabilities

By the way, this finally showed up on my doorstep last Monday, and I am in loooooove with it. It's my baby.

Okay, so now I'm off to go shopping for some scrappy goodness for the Page-A-Week Contest at CK. I'm the host this Sunday, so I hope to see you there. All you have to do is post a layout to the thread that I make on Sunday with a layout you've completed this week. Then, you get entered in the drawing for whatever prizes I buy today. Sounds like a great deal to me! Today, I'm also going to stop by Target and pick up sheets for college ($10 for a twin extra-long set? That's awesome) and a dress for tonight. It's the six-month anniversay with the bf, and we're going out on nice date. I'm so excited! A layout is to come of that, I'm sure.

Thanks for stopping by... leave some love! I'll be back in a couple days to talk about my new camera (<3) and a few other projects.

Brit

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Beautiful card. Great job on the coloring (one thing im scared to do...lol)

Kimmie Use Your Stash