A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today...

Is an incredibly busy day in my eyes. I'm excited though- oh so very excited for today's events.

Here are some thoughts:

Yesterday was a great mail day. In fact, it was one item short of fantastic. If my computer had come, I would be on cloud nine... I did recieve, however, the following:

1. Prints from shutterfly. I can finish all my projects now! Yay!

2. Around the Block Mystery Bag. It was worth the 35 dollars... I got some pretty cool stuff like a flocking kit, rubons, brads, a cute bag, an 8 by 8 album, etc. Here are a couple pictures:
3. Some things I bought from the Japan Kawaii Ya store on Etsy (check it out here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5762390) Everything is SO cute, and I love the note she wrote me.
So when will my computer come? When will it ever come? Who knows?
Here's a link I found today... monthly challenges? Sweet. Added it to my reader. Plus, it looks like they have lots of give aways. Also sweet. http://useyourstash.blogspot.com/
Speaking of challenges, I did one randomly the other day after reading a post here http://paperandink.typepad.com/thegoodlife/2008/05/hoopdeedo-and-l.html and deciding to do the quickest page I could. I did, and I think it turned out pretty nicely considering the fact that I did it in 30 minutes.
Here's the challenge... feel free to take a half hour and do it!

Take 3 minutes: Grab the following (fast-don't think about it)...
one sheet of cardstock
one piece of pattern paper
one tag
one label
one stamp
one sticker
one rub on
one brad
*optional: one embellishment/chipboard/acrylic etc.
*and either one photo or skip the photo
and by the end of the chat, make one super quick page or 2 cards using only these items (you can add letter stickers or journaling too if needed...oh, and obviously your scissors, pens, adhesives, etc...)
The object of the challenge is to work super fast, don't worry about mistakes- you can always go back and change it later. FUN????Ready, Set, GO!!!!!
I used a picture that I took, developed, enlarged, and colored by hand. It's crazy how much work that is!
Supplies: My Mind's Eye pp, bazzill cs, an epoxy sticker from KI Memories, Doodlebug rubons, Stazon ink, a label sticker from Making Memories, chipboard letter from Pressed Petals, brad and vellum from The Paper Studio, Vellum Writer black pen from ZIG, and acrylic stamp (dots) from KI Memories
Layout numero dos- from the teaser the other day. This layout is crazy and I love it.
And my favorite puffy panda sticker ever... (I love pandas a lot.)
Supplies: DMC Embroidery Floss, ZIG black marker, Sakura Souffle White Pen, American Crafts Rubons and stickers, Heidi Swapp chipboard letter, red and turquoise Archiver's cs, and other various things
I have more on the way in the next few days. I should be finishing up TWO minialbums, along with at least on more page by Friday. For now, I'm off to go make a CD of the bands some friends and I are going to see tonight and tomorrow a Summerfest. :) I love the midwest and all of our wonderful "fests".
Lots of Love,
Brit

2 comments:

Martha said...

What a full, fun post....I love your new header!

Kali said...

This is a great layout - so much fun!