A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, May 17, 2010

Leaping into Summer.

I love summer. It's a time to sit back, relax, and enjoy life. Now all that's missing from my life is an endless supply of the summer foods I love: watermelon, strawberries, and steak right off the grill. Yum!

I was so excited to see that Kristina Werner had posted a color inspiration challenge the other day. I think I might have to made another one. I love these colors!
Here's what I came up with:
Featuring a simple, embossed butterfly:
And lots of cute layers:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Spring Rain, Sweet Blush and Stamper's Select White) and Bazzill (Grey), Patterned Paper- Making Memories, Stamps- Hero Arts (Antique Engravings CL383), Ribbon- Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss), Edge Punch- Fiskars, Embossing Powder and Ink- Ranger, White Pen- Signo.

So that's what I have for you today. I'm starting a new project this week with my first week of summer- a card gift set for my mom. Apparently the 25 cards that I gave her a couple holidays ago had to run out sometime. Ha. I'll keep you updated on that one.

I'm planning a picnic date for Friday afternoon and am thinking about making these for one of the dishes. Do you have any picnic food links to share? I would love some suggestions!

Thanks for stopping by today! Come back soon; I've been busy making pretty things :)

Love.

Brit

4 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

So thrilled you finally get to rest and enjoy your summer, yay! Gorgeous card, you did justice to all the wonderful mix of colors! Oh my, that lettuce dish looks yum! Have lots of fun on your date!

Anonymous said...

Nice Card!:)Love the Butterfly!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card! As for you picnic... Goggle recipes for picnics, you will have all sorts of websites to visit. I have my best luck online!

Traveling Mama said...

Yum! I'm hungry just from thinking about it! Love your sweet card too! You have a really great style!