A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I've been inspired lately :)

Actually, I've been so inspired that it was almost hard to leave my apartment and all my scrapbooking stuff because I've been creating so much lately. However, it's really nice to be home in Wisconsin. I've missed my family (and my cats!) so very much. Here's a card I did a few days ago for Lucy's first color challenge. I couldn't resist these colors:
And here's what I did:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream) and The Paper Studio (Kraft), Butterfly Punch- Martha Stewart for EK Success, Thread- DMC, Ink- Tsukineko, Colored Pencils- Prisma, Stamp- Hero Arts, Ribbon- Unknown, Corner Rounder- Fiskars, White Pen- Signo Uniball.

Second, a layout inspired by Elizabeth Kartchner and her idea to take a photo of what you are doing at 10:11:12 on 7-8-09, so I made a cute little layout of my picture. I've always been a little OCD about numbers, so I really love that I could show that with this layout. Also, this was a total excuse to go a little crazy with Sassafras' Amplify Collection:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper- Sassafras, Ink- Tsukineko, Pen- American Crafts, Buttons- Papertrey Ink, Corner Rounder- The Paper Studio and Fiskars, Foam Numbers- Thickers by American Crafts.

Hope you have a fabulous thanksgiving! I'm thankful for having a home where all my family is, a loving boyfriend and friends, and that I get to go shopping tomorrow. You know, tradition. :)

Love.

Brit

4 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow - butterflies, stitching and a peacock too - awesome!!! This is so very very lovely. So happy that you played along. LOVE it.

Sanne said...

Hey Brit
Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for your kind comment! I love your style and your entry for Lucy´s challenge is fantastic!
Hope to hear from you soon again!
Sanne

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, love this peacock card!

Kathy said...

WOW YOU ARE QUITE THE ARTIST..LOVE YOUR CARD AND YOUR LO! stunning!