A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Smitten.

You see, I didn't buy scrapbooking things for a while. Partially because I'm budget-conscious, but mostly because I've been too busy to travel to craft stores. That's always a good budget controller. Ha. Well this past weekend, I broke my scrap spending silence... and went a little crazy. Hopefully over the next couple weeks you'll see me using a lot of these new goodies, but I'll share a few of them here so you can watch for them. :)
I've loved this stamp set ever since I saw it after Hero's last release. I can't wait to color these beauties!
This is going to be fantastic for Hero Art Blog's current monthly challenge. I see visions of finishing my recipe book, making cute grocery lists, and making cards for my dad with the egg in the frying pan.
I have needed this stamp since I saw what Joy did with this stamp and distress ink (I wasn't the only one who fell in love- she was a winner on the Hero Arts blog back in May). (She also did a video of the technique here.) I've played around a little, and I'm loving this stamp. I can't wait to show you what I have in process on my desk right now. :)
This was another set that's been on my list for a while. This one because of Jennifer McGuire and this set of fantastic cards that shows the versatility of this set:
Simple, gorgeous, and perfect for any occasion. I think those are all of my favorite things in cardmaking. :) I also picked up these wildflower silhouettes:
I was so excited to use them that I literally got home and pulled them right out of the package. After a little experimentation, here's what I came up with.

I used Basic Grey's new Olivia 6 by 6 pad, stamped and embossed the silhouettes in clear embossing powder, and then inked over it with distress inks. Add a few sparkles and a couple touches of white, and you have this card. Love this part:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft and white), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey (Olivia Collection), Stamps- Hero Arts (CG170 Wildflower Garden and CL340 Birthday Sayings), Embossing Powder- Ranger, Embossing Ink- Versamark, Tsukineko, Rhinestones- Papertrey Ink, Ink- Ranger (Distress Inks), Colorbox (Chestnut Roan), Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye Duo), Butterfly Punch- EK Success (Martha Stewart), Corner Rounder- WRMK, Ribbon- May Arts.

So what does the title of this post have to do with anything? This is what I'm smitten with:
I've been on the search for this for months, and now that it's finally mine I am SO happy to have it. I want to score everything in sight. It's magical. And easy. And I'm in love.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card and some other shares. I still have more new things to show you :) Thank you for stopping by today!

Love.

Brit

No comments: