A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Australia, Part 6.

On my second to last day, we went over to Manly Beach to see the sights and partake in what I had been waiting for all week long- fish and chips.
The day was overcast, but the beach was still beautiful. I can't even imagine how many people would be out here in the summer. There were probably about 100 surfers in the water, and Sara said that during surfing season, there are thousands. For a clumsy person like me, that just sounds dangerous. Haha.
I still can't get over how beautiful Australia is.
Here were some of the surfers we got to watch while eating lunch. I love surfers. :)
I just needed to take a picture of this, because it's the one thing that was constantly tripping me up. Since they drive on the left side of the road there, you are also supposed to stay to the left sides of sidewalks, escalators, walkways, and everything else. It sounds simple enough, but trying to erase 20 years of standing/walking on the right side of everything is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do on vacation. I can't tell you how many Aussies I confused because I was on the wrong side! Thankfully, my buddy Sara would always swoop in at the last second and drag me over to the correct side. Crisis averted.
And behold, my delicious fish and chips. Caught off the coast earlier this day, this little fishy gave its life for a purpose so devine there are no words to describe it except: best. fish. and. chips. EVER.

This was the second to last installment of my Australia trip, but I saved some of the most exciting for last. Oh boy. Come back later today for a card with some new stamping goodies I bought the other day. Thanks for stopping by!

Love.

Brit

No comments: