A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Surprise!

You know when you start making a card, and it comes out completely different that you imagined it would? This is one of those. I love it, though. I decided to try out my Prismacolor pencils on kraft paper, and I'm SO happy with the results. Wow- that rich color adds so much to the card. I recommend trying it out for yourself. :)

I made this for the Hero Arts 30 Grand challenge (read about it here), so I wanted to use some of my favorite stamp sets, and here's what happened:
 
  
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Ink- Tsukineko, Colored Pencils- Prisma, Corner Rounder- WRMK, Stamps- Hero Arts ( CL340, CL383, CG128, CG133)
What do you think? Have you tried this technique in your stamping experiments yet? I love it!

I'll be back sometime this week with a inspiration post that I've been working on- lots of links, lots of pictures, and lots of inspiration coming your way. You've been warned. :)

Love,

Brit

P.S.- GO USA! USA! USA! I <3 Hockey.

5 comments:

D said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! The colours are beautiful.

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love your flowers!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, your flowers are amazing! Beautiful card!

Jill said...

Congrats on the HA tweet! LOVE your coloring- amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Card!
I love your coloring!

~ Ayana