A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break Happiness and Flowers

Hey there! It's a very happy week here in Wisconsin. I've never been so happy to be home. It's all smiles around here. :) I thought I'd pop in and say hi and share a few inspiring things:

1. Flowers. I've been getting progressively more obsessed with fake flowers of all types. Here are a few inspiring tutorials and images to inspire you as well:

a. A tutorial on the Cosmo Cricket Blog about making Fabric Flowers that were used in this project by Natasja Verbeek
b. Aren't these flowers gorgeous? Here's the tutorial. I need to try this!

c. One of my projects at the top of my to-do list is to make a headband inspired by missrubysue on Etsy. Isn't this gorgeous?
2. This is a card I made a week ago in attempts to get ahead for the next few weeks that so many of my friends have birthdays during. The card is super simple- I'm actually thinking about adding something more to it, but we'll see.

Supplies: cardstock- The Paper Studio (kraft and white) and Bazzill (green), patterned paper- Basic Grey, ink- Tsukineko, marker- American Crafts, stamp- Studio G

3. This cute owl sweater. I saw this on Elsie Flannigan's blog today and can't get enough. I need this sweater :)

4. This is what I've been up to in preparation for a "personal crop day" that I'm having tomorrow. I'm going to archivers and cranking out layouts. I'm excited. :)

Lotttts of sketches. I <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj3BMAthBFsQbR5HsDERlaBu9mQYXLFqkgEUpFg8qwon09GprlAjDS6jZV_qBPV_nHhAsFLmbqS8hr_FW5u9biTuPGELeQPT_50Wlk0hzcg58PoAd8qsqPyzViMgV9sov-Q3K8AcF1HRlCH/s1600-h/03-16-09+Blue+Eyes.jpg">6. Me + B.J. Novak + friends = <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiO9CLBF8YlybXFU8lRPKSGmcwa4-oYvtHmTCVutLhyvXOm-39kCUzrlLMVPOJDvHToSQ0eTE5xBqVwVP1vXIP75uzaXYQvqNMd1mKYQYZ3v7hsVRJnPUTM9mmhdbRpPyufr_unlg991XS0/s1600-h/03-16-09+BJ+Novak">From left to right: (top) Sara, Patrice, Me, B.J., (bottom) Greg, Adam (Sara's twin who was visiting for the weekend from his college). Missing from the picture- Jeb (who was spending time with another one of our friends at the time) and Greg's twin, Joe. Why am I friends with a whole bunch of red-headed twins? Good question. I need to make a layout about that. Here's a picture of Greg and Joe just because I love their twin-ness so much:

Hehe. Cute.

So that's all I have for now, but I'll be back soon to share all of the things I do tomorrow. I'm loving having so much time to relax during this wonderful spring break. :)

Love.

Brit

No comments: