A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy (birth)Day!

I'm officially done with class. Done, done, done. It's now summer, and I'm not going to talk about class for at least another three weeks. Amen.

Today's been interesting. I got a new roomie (Hi, Avanthi!), packed up a lot of my stuff since I'm moving in two weeks, and get to see my friend Casey who has been in Massachusetts for the last week and a half. Friends are for picking each other up at the airport :)

I've been meaning to share this for a few days, but I'm just now getting around to it. It's the card I made for my roommate, emma, last week for her birthday. I tried a pretty cool technique that I picked up from Jennifer McQuire's Thinking Inking series from last summer. Here's the card:
To create the background, I inked up a piece of white cardstock with orange, yellow, and red distress ink. Then I grabbed my wonderful doily stamp, inked it with versamark, spritzed it with water and stamped down. The versamark holds the water to the stamp and then, when stamped, releases the water so it can interact with the distress ink. I did this a few times and then let it dry. Isn't the end result so rich? Love it.

Here's the close up:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (white and kraft), Ink- Ranger (Distress Ink in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door), Tsukineko- Versamark, Embossing Powder- Ranger, White Pen- Signo, Pearls- Michael's, Buttons- Papertrey Ink, Crocheted Flower- American Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by today! See you soon after I get some scrappin' done. :)

Love.

Brit

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Amazing stamping technique! Those colors are so bright and bold and the design looks like it's etched into the background. I love this!
bless you!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So pretty, love this beautiful and bold background color!!