A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh Happy Day.

Today's a fantastic day... I'm done with my finals, I got to sleep all day after my early test, I'm making funfetti cupcakes later, and I found out from the lovely Tiffany that I was featured on today's Social Club over at Hero Arts. Remember this card?

I'm so excited! Click on over to see my card and the other lovely features. So happy. :) Now on to today's post- all about celebration because today is a day to celebrate!

1. Firstly, this is what I've been up to lately.... school:
Like studying for my Art History Final- almost 500 different prints by various artists from the late 1800's. Thank goodness that's over. The semester is over... hoorah! Time for summer. Well, my summer will consist of work and more classes, but at least I get a break.

And I've fallen in love... with my new Nikon D90:
Ha, I'll post more pictures once I put real clothes on, put makeup on, and go outside. Right now I just want to relax for a couple days.

2. How about some cards now? I wanted to play around with some of the new things that I've acquired recently, like Look Up! from Practicing Creativity Designs. Love this set!
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Ink- Tsukineko (black) and Papertrey Ink (Plum Pudding), Stamps- Practicing Creativity Designs, Pen- Signo.

2. How about some hot air balloons and a Hero Arts Background stamp? This is for my roomate as a "congrats, we made it!" card:
I masked off the label area after stamping the title and then stamped CG125 in Plum Pudding Ink and added some Broken China Distress Ink, added a few hot air balloons and ribbon, and there you go- a happy "we did it!" card. Close up:
Supplies: Cardstock-Papertrey Ink, Ink- Tsukineko (black), Papertrey Ink (Plum Pudding), and Ranger (Broken China), Ribbon- Papertrey Ink, Stamps- Hero Arts (CG125 Friends Definition Background) and Practicing Creativity Designs (Look Up!).

4. Have you seeeeen this? You all know I'm a huge Papertrey Ink fan, and tomorrow's release looks like it's going to be amazing. Three things that I need right. now.

a. Simply Chartreuse everything

b. Beautiful Blooms Patterned Paper

c. the Sunshine Impressions Plate

Goodness- I can't wait until they reveal everything tomorrow. My favorite scrappy night of the month :)

So I think that's about it for today. I hope to be back soon with more crafty things. I'm so happy to be able to have time to make things again. I'm also leaving for Australia in 13 days. Need to do some trip planning there. Any suggestions for places to go in Sydney on vacation? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Until next time...

Love.

Brit

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Goodness, you always have so much fun things to tell in your posts, love it! Your PC are soo darling, love the criss cross banners and the balloons look fabulous with that background!

So happy finals are over and you can relax a little! That Nikon looks huge, bet it takes great pics!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on your feature in Hero Arts Social Club!! Such a GORGEOUS card! Have fun with Nikon :)