A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Six.

A. As it turns out, parking your car within 5 feet of the end of a driveway in Minneapolis gets it towed... oh no! Well, we have one of my roommate's brothers and his two friends visiting us this weekend, and they didn't exactly know this law. Hence, we are now aware of where the impound lot is in the city. Ha, learning experiences, right?

B. Have you seen this? I'm kind of obsessed with this adorable barn owl and her little tiny babies. You can watch them any time of day in their box, and it's so amazing. It would be a great thing for kids to watch, too. :)

C. Today's card.
Super simple card today, but I just wanted to use the lace stamp with black ink. The fire-colored butterflies add a vibrant feeling to the card.
1. Color the butterflies with two colors each, fading the colors in as you go towards the other color and filling any white spaces in with the lighter color, then cut the butterflies out.
2. Put everything on with pop dots to add dimension and to make the butterflies "flutter".
3. Use a white pen to draw around the edges to pull everything together.
Here's the close-up:
Love it. Simple, easy, and elegant- my favorites. Tomorrow's card should be fun... I'm thinking some emboss resist fun? Yay! See you tomorrow for day 7 of our little marathon.

Love.

Brit

3 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous card with the lace! Love the vibrant colors on your butterflies!

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Brit!! Love the lace background, the colors and the coloring!!

Susan said...

Can you tell me what you colored this with please? It is lovely! I jumped over here after seeing your card on the HA blog which you did with pencil crayons, but this doesn't look like pencil crayons, so I'd love to know!