A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some things to share, finally...

Wow- only two pages in the last three months- that's weak. Ha! I'll have to do a lot of catching up over break; there's been so much to scrap and not any time to scrap it with.

To-do in the next couple months:
-Document college so far
-Make a voting/ election page
-Christmas gifts
-Cards up the wazoo
-Celebrate my birthday in ten days. Woohoo!

Here are some shares:

A layout I did last week (or was it the week before? I can't even remember!)
This is my dorm room (before we got a futon 5 weeks ago and rearranged it, at least. I love this Basic Grey patterned paper- it's totally me.
Technique: Writing on Maya Road sheers with white paint pen, then letting the scalloped circle show behind it. Cute, no?
I'm currently obsessed with lopsided scallops; they keep appearing in all of my doodles.

Supplies: Cardstock- American Crafts (blue), The Paper Studio (white) and Bazzill Basics (pink), patterned paper- Basic Grey, flowers- prima, scallop punch- Marvy Uchida, Sheer label- Maya Road, white gel pen- Sakura, white paint pen- ZIG by EK Success, brads- unknown.

And a card:

This was for my friend, Cole, whose birthday was on Saturday. I made it on a whim using some cute scraps I had lying around.

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill Basics, Patterned Paper- American Crafts (green) and October Afternoon (I'm pretty sure, at least- correct me if I'm wrong) (black), Transparency- Hambly, Brads- The Paper Studio, Black ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Stamps- Studio G, white pen- Sakura.

Other random things:

Last week when I was folding laundry, I finished folding my t-shirts and this is what I found:
Wow, I really do go to Minnesota. Go Maroon and Gold!

Also, I went to the football game against Madison this weekend. It was a wonderful weekend full of reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones. This a picture of the stands at the game:
And this is what me and one of my friend (and some others in our group), Greg, looked like:
Did I mention that we're crazy? Haha. It was really fun, though. It was also nice being back in Wisconsin. I had fresh cheese curds again, which is my true food love... YUM! They only have fried ones, it seems, in Minnesota.

Alright, one last picture- the Capitol building from State Street. How gorgeous is this?


Enjoy. I'm feeling creative but am hindered by the 5 papers I have to write this week. I'll be back soon enough, though. Hope everything is going well in the world of scrapbooking for you!

Brit

No comments: